Please enter a search term to begin your search.
- Sept. 2016: EMMI welcomes Benoît Coeure’s speech on “Reforming Financial Sector Benchmarks”
- Sept. 2016:EMMI welcomes First Meeting of Euribor College
- Sept. 2016: JP Morgan Chase made their last contribution to Euribor and Eonia on Friday 16 September 2016
- Aug. 2016: Euribor designated as critical benchmark by the EU Commission Implementing Regulation.
- Aug. 2016: EMMI launches a Stakeholder Consultation on EONIA
On 14 December 2000, the Governing Council of the European Central Bank (ECB) has decided that, from 2002 until further notice, the Trans-European Automated Real-time Gross settlement Express Transfer (TARGET) system will be closed, in addition to Saturdays and Sundays, on the following days:
- New Year's Day
- Good Friday (Catholic/Protestant)
- Easter Monday (Catholic/Protestant)
- 1 May (Labour Day)
- Christmas Day
- 26 December
For further information, please visit the Website of the ECB.
EMMI advises users of EMMI benchmarks (Euribor® and EONIA®) to regularly assess that the benchmark used is appropriate, suitable and relevant for the targeted market and to put in place their own contingency provisions in the event any of the benchmarks are not available or in case of benchmark discontinuation. To adapt Euribor® and EONIA® to changes in the underpinning markets and to align the benchmarks with regulatory and market recommendations, EMMI is currently undergoing a reform of its benchmarks which includes the transition to a calculation of Euribor® based on transactions and the review/enhancement of EONIA®.
As of 2 June 2016, EMMI publishes daily the aggregate EONIA volume. The EONIA historical data files have been modified to include the aggregate volume information retrospectively from 2 January 2016.
Eonia® (Euro OverNight Index Average) is the effective overnight reference rate for the euro. It is computed as a weighted average of all overnight unsecured lending transactions in the interbank market, undertaken in the European Union and European Free Trade Association (EFTA) countries.
The European Central Bank is the Calculation Agent for Eonia®.